FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What if I registered to vote previously?
Farmers who have previously completed this voter verification process do not need to re-register. You are a verified voter, provided that you sold canola and paid a service charge on canola to Alberta Canola since August 1, 2021.
If you have any questions about your voter verification status or would like to make changes to your farm's designated voting representative or their contact information, please contact Rick Taillieu at 780-678-6167 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The information collected when you register to vote will first be used to verify eligible voters.
- Alberta Canola will send a Zoom link to the email address of the designated voter of each eligible voter.
- Alberta Canola will never share the information collected during voter registration with anyone outside of Alberta Canola.
What is a service charge paid to Alberta Canola Producers Commission?
- Service charge is the term used in the Alberta Canola Producers Marketing Plan Regulation that is also commonly referred to as a levy of check-off
Where can I learn more about the Alberta Canola Producer Commission regulations & by laws?
- Alberta Canola's regulations & Bylaws are posted on albertacanola.com and below