The Grower Engagement Meetings are designed to allow canola growers from across Alberta to hear from, interact with, and provide direct feedback throughout the day to the Alberta Canola directors, staff, and partners attending.
8:30am Meeting check-in opens, coffee is served
9:00 - 9:15 Welcome & Introductions
9:15 – 10:00 Business Risk Management Programs
- Michael Vadnais, Manager, Business Risk Management Policy with the Canadian Canola Growers Association
10:00 – 10:30 Break
10:30 – 11:15 Canola Agronomy
- Clint Jurke, Agronomy Specialist with the Canola Council of Canada
11:15 - 12:00 Alberta Canola Business Update
- Review of audited financial statements, the current year budget, and regulatory review changes.
12:00 – 1:00 LUNCH
1:00 – 2:45 A Deep Dive into the Emissions Reduction Plan
- Learn more about the federal government proposed 30% reduction in fertilizer emissions and what Alberta Canola and our partners are doing on behalf of growers to mitigate the impact of this and other proposed regulations that will affect the success of Alberta farmers.
2:45 - 3:00 Break
3:00 – 3:30 Wrap-up Panel
- Alberta Canola directors and staff will share what they heard at the meeting and open the floor for growers in attendance to ask questions about anything that Alberta Canola does on behalf of growers.