PEACE REGION CLUBROOT RESPONSE WORKSHOP
Date: Wednesday, February 5, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Location: Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre Grande Prairie
No Charge to attend.
Online registrations is now closed - walk ups welcome!
Doors open at 8:30am with coffee served
ABOUT THE EVENT
The clubroot response workshop brings together the science, the agronomy, and the practical perspective of farmers.
- understanding the clubroot pathogen
- the science behind mitigating the effects of clubroot
- understanding clubroot resistance and breakdown
- growing canola in the presence of clubroot
- regulation and enforcement of clubroot policies
Speakers include: (click here for bios)
- John Guelly, Alberta farmer & Chair of Alberta Canola
- Gregory Sekulic, Canola Council of Canada Agronomy Specialist
- Keisha Hollman, University of Alberta Masters Student
- Dan Orchard, Canola Council of Canada Agronomy Specialist
- Michael Harding, Alberta Agriculture & Forestry Research Scientist
- Aaron Van Beers, Leduc County Manager of Agricultural Services
- Sheila Kaus, Big Lakes County Agriculture Fieldman