Where does canola stand in the global oilseed market and what are the opportunities for are for Canada to stand out amongst other exporting countries?
Jim Everson will touch on both the opportunities and challenges for canola including:
• changes in global canola/rapeseed trade – growth of biofuels demand, changing competitive dynamics;
• market access issues – geopolitical tensions, protectionism, breakdown of rules-based trade infrastructure & Canada’s response
• CCC strategies for maintaining market access, diversification, and market promotion
• the growing importance of sustainability measures/carbon footprints
• CCC support to Alberta growers to ensure competitiveness in global markets (Marissa and I can share these messages).